Sunday, October 12, 2008

When I met President APJ Abdul Kalam

Hi All,
The day when I met President Dr. Abdul Kalam is still the happiest day of my life. This was the time when I was in my final year of Engineering at Nagpur. I and my friends were working on our project “Bionic Arm”. We had submitted our project in the “Techfest” Competition held at IIT Mumbai in 2002.
Our project was the only entry from eastern Maharashtra engineering colleges . On the competition day we came to know that President Dr. Abdul Kalam is here and he is going to see our project work. When he came to see our project at around 9.00 am in the morning, we were so thrilled and excited than we were unable to speak. It was like dream come true for anyone who likes him.
When we were explaining him about the project, he listened to it very carefully. He told us “very good concept, keep it up”. This has been our best compliment we ever had for our project. We were so happy and excited that we forgot to ask for an autograph from him. If we had taken an autograph of him, it would have been like ice on a cake.
We still cherish that moment and the 15 min we spent with President Abdul Kalam will remain forever in our heart.
Ashish

No comments:

Trip to GOA

We had an unforgettable trip to GOA earlt this year. It was four days trip starting Saturday, January 23rd. I have posted some great photos ...